For media inquiries, please contact [email protected]
For general inquiries or questions about content submissions, please contact [email protected] or (571) 358-9028
611 Pennsylvania Ave SE, #247
Washington, DC 20003
Send submissions between 800 and 1,200 words as Word attachments to [email protected]. If a member of our staff has not confirmed receipt beyond this message within two business days after you sent it, your submission has been declined. Usually you will hear faster than that if we’re interested, especially if your submission is on a trending or breaking news topic.
- Use Associated Press style for copy.
- Single space the text and between sentences.
- Include a suggested headline at the top, with an alternative headline or subhead beneath.
- Put the author’s name or authors’ names below the suggested headlines.
- Include a brief (two-sentence) bio line at the bottom.
- Use a coherent and clear essay structure.
- Make sure you have checked for spelling errors and proofread for grammar mistakes.
- Do not send multiple submissions of slightly altered versions. Let your article sit for 15 minutes after writing, then proofread before sending a single final version.
- Embed links over the relevant text. Claims of disputed, little-known, surprising, or domain-specific facts should be linked to credible sources.
- Do not send your submission anywhere else until you know whether we have accepted it.
- If your submission exceeds 2,000 words, we will not read it.
Overall guidelines: Successful submissions will fit the style, tone, and topics we cover: politics, religion, and culture from a conservatarian angle. We largely seek two things: in-depth, thoughtful longreads on important public issues, and punchy yet generous responses to the stories driving the current news cycle. Internet-friendly writing with social media embeds is a plus.
- If You Don’t Know That ‘Coyotes’ Are Human Smugglers, Shut Up About The BorderThe government hasn’t “lost track” of migrant chicontinue reading >
- 3 Ways Donald Trump’s Debate Performance Will Affect The RaceThese three points were clear victories for the presidecontinue reading >
- Amy Coney Barrett Will Be Confirmed Because Kavanaugh Battle Taught GOP To Stop Getting Played By Democrat Dirty TricksIt took a few decades of the left playing the exact samcontinue reading >