President Obama will deliver his seventh and final State of the Union address before Congress tonight.
The White House has hyped up the event extensively by releasing a promotional video and promising some behind-the-scenes peeks from their official Snapchat account. White House officials have said Obama doesn’t plan to talk about legislative goals he has for the upcoming year. Instead, he will use the speech to highlight the past seven years of his administration.
Looking back, Obama has made quite a few promises in his past seven State of the Union addresses that he has never fulfilled.
Watch 140 of them below.
Here are five of our favorites:
- “When we find rules that put an unnecessary burden on businesses, we will fix them.”
- “I propose that, starting this year, we freeze annual domestic spending for the next five years.”
- “We have a supply of natural gas that can last America nearly 100 years, and my administration will take every possible action to safely develop this energy.”
- “I’ve ordered every federal agency to eliminate rules that don’t make sense.”
- “Our government shouldn’t make promises we can’t keep, but we must keep promises we’ve already made.”
You can watch the State of the Union live starting at 9 p.m. Eastern here.