Facebook flagged Andrew Schulz’s scathing video takedown of Ghislaine Maxwell and Jeffrey Epstein for violating company standards on “harassment and bullying,” removing the clip from public view after it had already garnered a million views. Asked by The Federalist why the video was removed and whether it would be restored, Facebook did not respond with an explanation by publishing time.
“Our pieces strive to express the feelings of what we believe to be the majority of Americans. Americans whose views exist in between both political extremes. We figured one issue that would have bipartisan support would be making fun of pedophiles and their enablers. Apparently Facebook feels otherwise,” Schulz told The Federalist on Monday.
“Also,” he added, “how the f**k can I bully billionaires?”
Schulz, a hugely popular YouTube comedian, posted the six-minute video to his Facebook page on July 12. Maxwell was arrested on July 12 and hit with multiple charges connected to Epstein’s serial sexual abuse of teenage girls. The British “socialite” is alleged to have spent years grooming young women for Epstein.
“Ghislaine & Epstein… How DEEP Their Pedo Connections Go,” Schulz captioned the video on Facebook. “The evil broad Ghislaine Maxwell has finally been arrested and it’s time to give her, Epstein, and everyone that enabled them some bars. Enjoy the massacre!”
His comedic monologue refers to Maxwell as a “whore” and includes a sexually explicit joke about her name, proceeding to highlight the alleged associations between Epstein and powerful men like Alan Dershowitz, Prince Andrew, Donald Trump, and Bill Clinton. Asked by The Federalist whether Schulz’s use of “whore” could have caused the clip to get flagged for an automatic violation, Facebook did not respond.
In the “Bullying and Harassment” section of Facebook’s Community Standards, the word “whore” is listed among prohibited “derogatory terms related to sexual activity.” The standards, however, “distinguish between public figures and private individuals because we want to allow discussion, which often includes critical commentary of people who are featured in the news or who have a large public audience.”
“For public figures,” Facebook says, “we remove attacks that are severe as well as certain attacks where the public figure is directly tagged in the post or comment.”
The standards also emphasize that “Context and intent matter, and we allow people to share and re-share posts if it is clear that something was shared in order to condemn or draw attention to bullying and harassment.”
Perhaps the “context” that Schulz’s video was a rightfully sharp attack on a credibly accused participant in an underage sex ring should be of consideration in this case.
“Apparently Facebook’s bullying police protects convicted pedophiles and their enablers. They took our video down when it had over 1 million views. Facebook has videos of people getting murdered but is protecting Epstein & Maxwell… something is off…” Schulz posted to his Facebook page on July 16, alongside a screenshot the notification on his page about the post violating “community standards.”
Schulz’s team confirmed to The Federalist on Monday that its video remains blocked by Facebook, and the company had not returned their requests for an explanation. The video is still available on Twitter, Instagram (which is owned by Facebook,) and YouTube, where Schulz has 1.27 million subscribers. As of this writing, it had been viewed more than a million times.