It’s a familiar urge. His bloviation makes for irresistible fodder, a lightning rod for stakeholders on every side of the Trump divide. It’s all very funny — or very heroic, depending on your persuasion.
But as we near Day Two of the latest Jim Acosta news cycle, let us please remember the status of this man’s White House press pass doesn’t much matter outside the suffocating confines of Twitter. There is indeed such a thing as too much Acosta. Too much Acosta is now.
To help us accomplish the mighty task of tearing ourselves away from his alluring absurdity, I have prepared a list of stories of greater import than Acostanalysis: Day Two. All of the below stories matter more than spending another 24 hours caring about whether Acosta has a hard pass for the White House briefing room.
- “The Real Housewives of New Jersey” premiere
- The 15th anniversary of “Elf”
- Whatever Snoop Dogg has been doing in D.C.
- The engagement of Meg Ryan and John Mellencamp
- The dude from the “Havana” music video ghosting Busy Phillips’s friend
- Chris Cillizza thinking “edibles” means mushrooms
- “The Real Housewives of Atlanta” premiere
- The strange party Jimmy Kimmel and Dennis Miller attended at Martin Short’s house
- The lovely woman who found and complained publicly about the “basic AF” engagement ring her boyfriend planned to propose with
- Khloe Kardashian’s revenge body
- The color of Megyn Kelly’s clothes
- Hermione and Malfoy skateboarding together in Venice Beach (yes, really)
- Ariana Grande’s sage relationship advice
- Emma Thompson’s laudably casual footwear
- Vinny from “Jersey Shore’s” successful presentation of his keto pizza recipe on “Good Morning America”
There’s also the small matter of the midterm elections to discuss if you’re so inclined, although personally I would prefer to continue thinking about Snoop Dogg. He’s having so much fun.