A U.S. House panel will investigate late-term abortionist LeRoy Carhart, who has sent at least a dozen women to the hospital after botching abortion procedures.
Carhart’s clinic in Germantown, Maryland, is one of a few clinics in the nation that perform late-term abortions. Since December, at least five women have suffered a medical emergency at Carhart’s hands.
“Reports regarding the Germantown clinic are deeply troubling, both for the sake of babies whose lives are ended so close to — and possibly even after — birth and for the sake of the women who have been rushed from that clinic to the hospital with increasing frequency,” Committee Chairwoman Marsha Blackburn, R-Tenn., said in a statement Wednesday, the Washington Examiner reported.
The House Energy and Commerce Committee Select Investigative Panel has issued nine subpoenas for its investigation into second- and third-trimester abortion procedures as well as the care of infants who are born alive after a botched abortion. The subpoenas will seek information from Carhart and local police, fire, and emergency communications that responded to the incidents, as well as the ambulances and hospitals who treated the women.
In late March, an underage girl was rushed to Shady Grove Hospital after undergoing an abortion procedure by Carhart. She wasn’t the first woman Carhart sent to the emergency room, either. Since 2012 he has caused at least a dozen women to suffer a medical emergency after botching abortion procedures, according to LifeSite news.
• February 4, 2016, Bellevue, NE: Woman transported to hospital suffering from an incomplete abortion. (Video)
• January 19, 2016, Germantown, MD: Late-term abortion patient bleeding seriously transported to hospital. (Video and 911 recording)
• December 15, 2015, Germantown, MD: Abortion patient transported to emergency room while Carhart accompanies.
• July 2, 2014, Germantown, MD: African-American abortion patient transported to hospital.
• April 26, 2014, Bellevue, NE: Patient, 37, suffered from abdominal pain after Carhart had an “issue with the procedure.” (Video with 911 recording)
• March 4, 2014, Germantown, MD: Patient hemorrhaged after 2nd trimester abortion complications.
• November 30, 2013, Bellevue, NE: Patient suffered 2nd trimester abortion complications.
• November 26, 2013, Germantown, MD: Patient required emergency surgery. (Video with 911 recording)
• July 9, 2013, Germantown, MD: Patient hemorrhaged. (Video with 911 recording)
• February 7, 2013, Germantown, MD: Patient Jennifer Morbelli died of 3rd trimester abortion complications. (Autopsy Report)
• March 31, 2012, Bellevue, NE: Patient heard moaning and screaming during 911 call (Video with 911 recording.)