Serial Democrat candidate Robert Francis O’Rourke is no stranger to losing so it’s no surprise that his third attempt in four years to win an election, intended to unseat Republican Gov. Greg Abbott, was a massive failure.
Possibly more surprising than that is, despite O’Rourke’s horrific losing streak, Democrats and their allies in the corrupt corporate media keep propping him with cash and press coverage designed to sustain him in future races.
In just four short years, the gun-grabbing O’Rourke amassed roughly $164 million in donations in exchange for underwhelming political performances, dramatic and narcissistic outbursts at highly inappropriate times, and repeatedly broken promises of a Beto-led “blue wave” in Texas.
During the former congressman’s senatorial run in 2018, he raised $80 million from Google and other leftist donors who wanted to see Big Tech critic Sen. Ted Cruz go. Even after he was nationally hyped as the candidate that would finally “turn Texas blue,” O’Rourke lost.
Even after the “embarrassing” lead-up to his even more embarrassing loss, O’Rourke scrounged up enough attention from his party and the propaganda press to haul in another $17.5 million for a presidential run he said he was “born to be in.”
It took less than nine months on the campaign trail before O’Rourke backed out due to a lack of support and lack of funding.
One year later, O’Rourke was back in TV advertisements and Twitter feeds with promises of abortion for all and a crackdown on legal gun owners.
This time, O’Rourke raised more than $66 million in an attempt to evict Abbott from the Texas governor’s mansion. That’s the most money any Democrat gubernatorial candidate in the Lone Star State has ever secured from donors. That’s likely why Beto’s third race still caught the eye of several corrupt corporate media outlets which were all too willing to shower the Democrat with positive coverage.
The Washington Post went so far as to claim that the 2022 O’Rourke “embodies Democrats’ unrealized gains.”
Since Texas voters had clearly rejected O’Rourke before, one-third of his funds were raised outside of Texas. Overall, at least 46 percent of the “Beto For Texas” cash flow was sustained by out-of-state donors.
Even after losing three back-to-back elections, O’Rourke, sitting on a pile of political cash, admitted he’s not ready to leave the politics game yet.
“I don’t know what my role or yours will be going forward, but I’m in this fight for life,” O’Rourke said during his concession speech on Tuesday night.
That’s a bold claim for a guy who just lost by more than 10 percentage points.
The worst part? There’s nothing stopping Democrats and the media from using their dollars and influence to launch O’Rourke into elections again. They did it with Stacey Abrams and now they’ve showered Beto with a pipeline of cash on the off-chance that maybe, one day, he will finally win an election.