Former “King of Queens” star Leah Remini revealed some pretty crazy things about the Church of Scientology in a Reddit “Ask Me Anything” on Tuesday.
Remini, who left the church in 2013, has since written a book detailing the horrors of the cult that has attracted many celebrities, namely Tom Cruise. She’s also headlining A&E’s eight-part docu-series “Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath,” which premiers Tuesday.
Here are nine of the craziest things Remini dropped in her Reddit AMA.
1. Lower-level Church Members Were Forced to Work in Celebrities’ Homes for Very Little Pay
2. Oftentimes, Former Members Legally Aren’t Allowed to Talk to One Another
3. Children Are Treated Like Adults
4. The Church Will Use Your Words Against You If You Speak Out
5. There Is ‘No End’ To The Levels In Scientology
6. Remini Was Punished For Doing A ‘Racy’ Photoshoot
7. If You Express Doubts, Your Friends Will Turn You In
8. Scientologists Are Taught the Internet Is All Lies
And its members are punished for reading “outside sources.”
9. The Church Leaders Know It’s a Scam